Confused on who to trust on home values? The below info may offer some insight. Questions about any of it, or just real estate questions in general? I can help!Michelle
Do I Need Permission To Access My Own Property?
Some landowners in Texas cannot access their landlocked property from a public road without crossing over private property owned by someone else. There is no automatic right of access, but there are some options a landowner can consider, including:
- Get an express easement from the neighbor.
- Determine if there’s an “easement by necessity.”
- Determine if there’s a prescriptive easement.
- Determine if there’s an easement by estoppel.
- Seek a statutory easement from the commissioners’ court.
Info taken from https://www.texasrealestate.com/members/posts/when-landowners-may-need-permission-to-access-their-own-private-property/
Have a real estate-related question or need?
Fourth Generation Realtor, Texas Urban Living
Michelle Foreman isn't one to focus solely on getting the job done but instead on getting the job done RIGHT. Michelle, a Fourth Generation Realtor, is certified as both a Senior Real Estate Speciali....